Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Some quick pictures of my hood



I was hoping to wait until spring had sprung and the green came out before I took pictures of where I live. Some of you have been curious about my neighborhood and want to see it now. Here is a fast overview. I will add more detailed pictures in the future that focus on specific things like street food, PC bangs, or other cool things that I don't know exist yet.


3 new apartment buildings that are going up near my home.

This store only sells dried tiger penis. Way tastier than it sounds.
This is a rotisserie chicken place on my street. One major difference: the chickens are 2/3 the size of American chickens.

Typical street in my hood. Notice the mass of telephone, internet and clothes lines strung above the street.
The famous bridge near Daejeon's Expo Park. After missing a cab last night I had the pleasure of walking past it.
This is the "indoor" driving range a few blocks from my house. Golf is mega expensive here and only the rich seem to do it, as evidenced by the luxury cars in the parking lot.
Farm, high rises, mountains: Korea.

No comments:

Post a Comment